My Blog List

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Cocktails: Candy Cane Mojito


Today is my first official holiday event.  Actually, there are two events today, and I’m feeling extra Christmas-y.  Therefore, it follows that today’s drink should be equally as festive.  Enter the Candy Cane Mojito.  It’s everything a holiday cocktail should be: It’s easy to pull together, but looks special, has great color and is made of seasonal flavors, and looks so fun it’s fairly hard to resist. 
From Betty CrockerMakes 2
3 oz (2 jiggers or 6 tablespoons) rum
Ice
2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
1 cup fresh mint leaves
Sparkling water
2 peppermint candies or candy canes

1.        Into each of 2 tall clear glasses, pour 1 1/2 ounces (1 jigger or 3 tablespoons) rum.
2.        Top each with layers of ice, 1 tablespoon crushed candy and 1/2 cup mint leaves. Fill each glass with sparkling water. Garnish with peppermint candies. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I like it!!! It wasn't sweet enough for me, so I added a squeeze of agave nectar. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete